Eternal Press has issued a call for submissions of contemporary and historical romances. Erin Lale is the Submissions Officer and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
How to submit to Eternal Press:
Submit a cover letter in the body of the email that contains the following:
- Word Count
- Brief synopsis
- A short biography
- Your marketing plan, should we accept your manuscript for publication. We expect our authors to be active in the marketing of their titles alongside our efforts.
Although we like to encourage open, free and creative expression, do let us know whether the piece contains any questionable content. We may put disclaimers about content if it could potentially disturb our reader, so do let us know in advance. For instance, we allow rape under certain circumstances, but it should not be meant to titillate. Writing about child abuse is one thing, but we aren’t interested in seeing the acts described in detail. Eternal Press is also interested in stories with a happy ending.
Attach the following to your cover letter in .doc or .rtf format:
- For stories less than 50,000 words: Send us the complete manuscript with your contact information, title, word count, and genre at the top of the first page.
- For novels 50,000 and up: Send us the first three chapters and the last chapter, with your contact information, title, word count, and genre at the top of the first page.
Your manuscript should contain either 1-1/2 or double spacing and one inch margins. Use a 12 pt. Book Antiqua, Times Roman, or Georgia font.
Send to Eternal Press with a subject line: SUBMISSIONS_your name_book title to…
Please allow six to eight weeks for a response.
Eternal Press pays 40% royalties on net revenue to the Author for eBooks and 25% net on revenue for print. We hold all rights for five (5) years from date of publication. We do not pay advances. Rights requested are worldwide for ebooks and US, Canada, Australian, and UK print rights.
If we accept your manuscript for publication, we will supply you with specific formatting guidelines. You must be able to edit with a track changes feature (Microsoft word has this).
Eternal Press clearly distinguishes between romance, erotic romance, and erotica. GLBT romance may be any flame level depending on language, theme, the development of the romantic relationship, and sexual frequency and intensity.
- Sweet -1 flame (anything from no romance to sex behind closed doors)
- Mild -2 flames (can contain several lovemaking scenes without graphic language)
- Highly Sensual – 3 flames (can include hot, frequent love scenes, standard for mainstream romance)
- Erotic Romance – 4 flames (includes clinical or graphic terms for body parts and intercourse. The story must contain a romantic theme. It may include light BDSM, GBLT, ménage and anal sex as long as its frequency does not outweigh vanilla sex.)
- Erotica-5 flames (highly explicit/graphic/frequent may include heavier use of BDSM, ménage and anal. Not entirely dependent on romance.)
*Note: Some online retailers will ask for a different rating when we sell through them.
Our books are available in many formats through our Eternal Press website, Fictionwise, Amazon, CoffeeTime Romance, All Romance eBooks, Amazon Digital, Kobo, Itunes, Blio, Content Reserve and more. The list is continually growing as Content Reserve and LSI distribute eBooks to many other retailers like Chapters/Indigo, Borders, Books on Board, eBook Mall, book expos, and foreign Libraries. LSI print distribution includes US, Canada, UK, and Australia.
These guidelines are subject to change without notice.