* PERMISSION TO FORWARD GRANTED AND ENCOURAGED*
CONTEST DEADLINE—JANUARY 4, 2015 (MIDNIGHT, CST)
The North Texas Chapter of Romance Writers of America is proud to announce:
The 2015 Great Expectations Contest
- Send in the first 5000 words of your unpublished work.
- All work must be the author’s original work that has not been contracted for publication prior to the entry deadline.
- This contest is open to all authors who have never been published in book-length romantic fiction as well as authors who have not been contracted or published in the entered category during the last three years (during 2012, 2013 or 2014).
- Previous first place winners may not re-enter the winning entry, even in edited format. They may, however, enter another work.
- Authors may enter as many times as they wish (in one or multiple categories).
Dates, Deadlines and Fees:
- Contest opens for entries October 1, 2014 and ends January 4, 2015.
- $20 for members of NTRWA, DARA, & Yellow Rose
- $25 for all others
Final Round Judges
Karen Reid – Associate Editor, Super Romance, Harlequin
Gabrielle Keck – Editorial Assistant, Avon / William Morrow
Raela Schoenherr – Bethany House
MAINSTREAM with ROMANTIC ELEMENTS
Laura Fazio – Assistant Editor, NAL
Julie Mianecki – Assistant Editor, Berkley
Alex Logan – Editor, Grand Central Publishing.
Madeleine Colavita – Editorial Assistant, Grand Central Publishing
SPECIALIZED (Fantasy, Futuristic, Time Travel, Paranormal)
Kristine Swartz – Assistant Editor, Berkley
Alice Jerman – Assistant Editor, HarperCollins
To enter and for more detailed information, please visit our blogspot at http://ntrwagreatexpectations.blogspot.com/