Book Title: Alycat and the Tournament Tuesday by Alysson Foti Bourque
Category: Children’s Fiction (Ages 3-7), 32 pages
Genre: Children’s Picture Book
Publisher: Mascot Books
Release date: March 17, 2020
Content Rating: G
A “Mom’s Choice Award Winner”! Alycat’s brother, Bugsy, is playing in a
golf tournament with some of his friends, and wants to use his lucky
ball to win the game. But when Alycat forgets his lucky ball at home,
Bugsy learns what luck is really all about. Can Bugsy win the tournament
without his lucky ball? Alycat and the Tournament Tuesday is part of
the Alycat Series: alycatseries.com.
Review: After reading the book, I had to read the next in the series! Foti does not disappoint with her new Alycat story! This time it brings a great moral about believing in yourself and listening to your family including your sister! Those who love educational children’s books will love the series and love going on adventures with Alycat and her family. Looking forward to the next book!
Alysson Foti Bourque is the author of the award-winning Alycat series.
Alysson earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education from
the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and a Juris Doctor degree from
the Southern University Law Center.
After practicing law for six years, she traded in writing trial briefs
for writing children’s books. Alysson enjoys public speaking
opportunities at schools, conferences, and festivals nationwide. She
hopes to inspire people of all ages to follow their dreams and believe
in themselves wholeheartedly.
AWARDS & HONORS
The Alycat Series has won several prestigious awards including:
Three Mom’s Choice Awards®
Benjamin Franklin Digital Award, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA)
Best Book Award Finalist
NY Big Book Award
Reviewed by Midwest Book Review
Southern Festival of Books Panelist
Louisiana Book Festival Featured Author
Mar 17 – Rockin’ Book Reviews – book review / guest post / giveaway
Mar 18 – The Pen and Muse Book Reviews – book review / author interview
Mar 18 – Gwendalyn’s Books – book review / author interview / giveaway
Mar 18 – Books, Dreams, Life – book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
Mar 18 – fundinmental – book spotlight / giveaway
Mar 19 – Over Coffee Conversations – book review / giveaway
Mar 19 – eBook Addicts – book review / giveaway
Mar 20 – A Mama’s Corner Of the World – book review / giveaway
Mar 23 – StoreyBook Reviews – book review / giveaway
Mar 24 – Svetlana’s reads and views – book review
Mar 24 – Laura`s Interests – book review / giveaway
Mar 25 – Library of Clean Reads – book review / guest post / giveaway
Mar 25 – Rosco’s Reading Room – book spotlight / author interview / giveaway
Mar 26 – Locks, Hooks and Books – book review / giveaway
Mar 26 – T’s Stuff – book review / author interview / giveaway
Mar 27 – Books Direct – book review / guest post / giveaway
Mar 30 – She Just Loves Books – book review / author interview / giveaway
Mar 31 – Bound 4 Escape – book review / giveaway
Apr 1 – Bookworm for Kids – book review / giveaway
Apr 2 – Pickagoodbook.com – book review / author interview / giveaway
Apr 6 – My Journey Back-The-Journey Back – book review / giveaway
You present at different festivals and events across the nation and have been invited to be included at special events with Alycat. What are some of the events that you have presented at or been a special guest at?
- Louisiana Book Festival and Southern Festival of Books Featured Author
- Writer’s Guild of Lafayette Presenter
- Lafayette Public Library Presenter
- Mom’s Club Luncheon Presenter for Academy of the Sacred Heart
- Alycat the Mascot has performed as the opening act at the Kidz Bop concert and at the UL Lafayette Football Tailgating Pre-Party
- Special Guest at Sonic Christmas Parade.
- Weekly News Contributor for KidLit Picks on News15 (Fox).
- UL Lafayette Women’s Basketball Halftime Show
- Writers& Readers Symposium presented by The Conundrum
- Included in the Oscars Hollywood Swag Bag
- Which was the easiest character to write? The easiest character to write was Bugsy. Bugsy represents my own son and I wanted this character to exemplify the delightful characteristics that he possesses. He is a reserved, empathetic, talented kid with a heart of gold.
- Why the name “Bugsy”? When my son was born, we called him “Buddy” as a nickname. My daughter was only 22 months old when he was born, and she pronounced it as “Bugsy”. So, the name stuck.
- What is Spotty’s role in the story? Spotty, Alycat’s best friend, represents what friendship should look like. When I was a child, I had a cat named Spotty. He looked just like Spotty in the story. On a bad day, I would come home and tell Spotty all about my problems. He would listen, purr, and distract me from those dilemmas. So Spotty is written to be that friend that brings positivity, support, and compassion to your life.
- What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done? Taking the Louisiana Bar Exam and passing the first time.
- Name a quirky thing you like to do. I am a superstitious, so I have to get out of the bed on the same side every morning, sleep with closet/bathroom doors closed, line up everyone’s outfits for the next day, and unplug all minor appliances. And this is only my morning/night routine.
287 total views