Have Fun Playing Online Games
Did you know that playing games is a stress reliever? According to Healthy Gamer, “Games help enter the flow state by engaging their brain to such a degree that other thoughts don’t arise, and they can relax by playing the game.” I love playing games because after a hard day at work and other projects in my life, I need to do something fun that isn’t considered work.
Video games reduce stress in the following ways:
- Video games are engaging and enjoyable, which reduces stress.
- Gaming results in dopamine secretion, which makes you feel good.
- Video games present a challenge and reward you for overcoming it, which leads to feelings of competence.
- Gaming can create a flow state, which is similar to meditation.
- Video games give you instant rewards, which help to reduce the stress of achieving long-term goals.
- Gaming can be an avenue for creativity and art, which can help to decompress.
- Video games can result in meaningful social connections, which is a great way to unwind after a long day.
So how do video games help you destress? There are three ways that video games help. The first is that video games bring enjoyment and engagement. The game itself makes you interact and enjoy what you are doing thus taking your mind off things. Games also give you instant gratification and also help with building up your creativity. It helps open the right side of your brain that’s responsible for creativity and joy. The last is the social connection that you get from playing games. It helps you interact with people around you and also those playing the same game.
There are many classic games that you can play on your device, but if you need more release then you’ll want to play games on your computer. It’s a great release when you don’t have to work, and you can have fun. The games I love to play are on this website called Plays.org. Plays offer a variety of games that you can play from strategy games, base defense, simulation, pinballs, arcade classics, and retro pixels. One of my favorite games is the sorcerer. The sorcerer is based on the game Zuma where you have to match the balls in a hurry before they get to the hole. It really does make you think about where you have to put the balls to avoid the line getting longer and to use all the balls you are given.
One of the other games that I loved with the Grocery store simulation game where you have to check out people and make sure the shop makes enough without many angry customers. I love these games because they are easy to play and are absolutely free! There are no coins to fill up on or no payments to be made. They make it really simple to reach their website and just start enjoying a game. Be sure to check out the variety of games, Plays.org has. You can have your fun and relax. I know I will be!
137 total views