Written In The Stars – Call For Speakers (X Posted) – Chapter Presidents – please pass on to your members. Much Thanks!
***PERMISSION TO FORWARD GRANTED AND ENCOURAGED ***
The NOLA STARs chapter of RWA is now accepting workshop proposals for the 2013 Written In The Stars Conference.
The event will be held March 1-2, 2013 at the Holiday Inn Financial Plaza in Shreveport LA.
Those selected to speak will be compensated as follows:
- Conference fee waived (includes cost of conference-provided meals)
- One night’s lodging at the conference hotel paid for by the chapter
- An opportunity for enhanced networking opportunities with Industry Professionals and other speakers in attendance
About the Written In The Stars Conference:
Our conference is a targeted to attract writers at all stages of their writing career – from the novice to the multi-published. We strive to provide a friendly, supportive and fun environment while at the same time offering top-notch workshops for all our attendees. We deliberately cap our registration at 120 in order to provide our attendees with better networking opportunities.
The conference normally runs two tracks on Friday evening and two-three tracks during the day on Saturday so we will be looking to fill a number of slots. We are looking to feature a well-rounded program so feel free to pitch any topic that would be relevant to writers: craft, career, writing life, promo, etc.
This year our industry guests are:
- Tessa Woodward, Editor – Avon
- Mary Sue Seymour of The Seymour Literary Agency
- Kerri-Leigh Grady, Editor – Entangled Publishing
- Barbara Vey, Contributing Editor, Publishers Weekly
- Others to be announced
Proposals must be received by October 1, 2012. For additional details and instructions on how to submit your proposal, please visit the following webpage: http://nolastars.com/conference/
If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
2013 Written In The Stars Conference Chair