August Online Workshops
WORKSHOP: How to Build Page-Turning Suspense in Any Genre
INSTRUCTOR: Ezra Barany, award-winning bestselling author
DATE: August 6 – 31, 2012
TYPE: Regular (month long) classes, consisting of at least 2 lessons per week
COST: $15 for CRW and HCRW member, all others $25
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: Authors often believe that suspense in a story is best left for the suspense genre, but the truth is that suspense can make any genre, from mystery to romance, become a compelling page-turner. The good news is with the right keys, you can unlock the suspense in your novel without losing your promise to stay true to the genre. Take this 4-week course to:
- Learn how the art of subtext can drive the story forward
- Uncover the naked truth of boring chapter formats and the easy way to make your chapters compelling
- Discover the simplicity of putting time-locks in your novel for creating a powerful page-turner
- Understand the value of having your characters act suspicious, even if they’re not meant to be
- BONUS! Complete a short suspense story and, if you choose, it will be published in an ebook compilation.
Ezra Barany is an author and teacher to authors. He started his career of freaking out readers with his suspense and thriller stories in college. In March 2011, Ezra unleashed his first novel The Torah Codes, a thriller, now an award-winning bestseller in both the U.S. and the U.K. In his free time, he writes mushy love songs inspired by his wife and book coach Beth Barany. Ezra now lives in the San Francisco Bay Area where he is working on his next book when not terrorized by his two cats. Like his Facebook Fan Page at https://www.facebook.com/TheTorahCodes.
Registration Deadline: August 4 Register Here
*Please Note: If paying by Paypal, please send money to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, email Jason at: email@example.com