Writing from the Male POV to Create Stronger Heroes presented by Sascha Illyvich
Class Dates: June 10, 2013 to June 16, 2013
Cost: $15.00 for FFnP members and $20.00 for non-FFnP members
To Register: http://www.rwa.org/e/in/eid=192
In this workshop, learn the ins and outs of character creation from a side of romance we rarely hear from, the male romance reader/writer! Erotic Romance author Sascha Illyvich shares with us tips on how to create more memorable heroes, avoid some common pitfalls and have more fun with our writing!
What you’ll learn from this class
- Male Archetypes and how they affect our characters
- How (il)logical men think and why they act the way they do
- How to take any male character from any movie/story and modify him to fit your story
- How to get your man to express his true “self”
- What men REALLY care about and how to work with that for your characters*
- A man’s self view*
- The GAY MALE Viewpoint*
- The Male Cycle of Emotions and how it compares to the female cycle of emotions
- A man’s journey in life
- What men really think
A few extras
Using character creations sheets (don’t groan!) that have all the relevant information you’ll need, you’ll be able to craft male characters that are just as deep as your female characters. Getting inside the heads of your male characters is the most important aspect of “how to write” them.
Cross gender writing can make or break an author’s career if they cannot portray the opposite gender clearly and accurately. With the growing popularity of M/M romances, it’s becoming increasingly important for males to be portrayed in the proper light! We’ll cover all that here and a lot more over the next week.